Clear Water 2017-18 Projects
Clear Water TU Chapter Updates
Many members are unaware of the supported activities that WCWTU provides with their chapter donations and volunteer hours. Our chapter goal is not just creating the best trout fishing, but also working with various organizations improving habitat and stream reconstruction that promotes cold and clean water not for today but the next generation.
Member support has allowed the chapter to support the following activities over the last two years.
2017- 2018 Projects:
- Tributary to Elk Creek – Johnson/Perzenza Easement-Trempealeau County-$1000
- North Branch of Elk Creek – Arnould Easement – Trempealeau County-$1000
- Fall Creek Brion Dairy LLC. – Abramovich Easement – Pepin County-$1000
- Swinns Valley Creek – Berg Easement -Buffalo County- $1000
- Swinns Valley – Bober Easement – Buffalo County – $1000
- Waumandee Creek – RNL Easement – Buffalo County- $1000
- Waumandee Creek – Alleman Easement – Buffalo County- $1000
- Sand Creek- Chippewa County-$8000
- Wilson Creek- Dunn County-$1000
- Eagle Creek- Buffalo County-$1000
- North Branch of Elk Creek-Trempealeau County-$1000
- Main Branch and North Branch of Hay Creek- Dunn County
We have also received a grant from the Trout and Salmon Foundation for $3000 for Hay Creek in Dunn County
2017 – 2018 Donations and Sponsorships
- DNR- Trout Transfer- Elk Creek -Dunn County; Duncan Creek- Chippewa County – $2500
- Youth Fishing day – Associated clubs-Trempealeau/Pepin/Buffalo Counties-$1000
- Intern- Buffalo County Conservation department-$400
- TU Youth camp 2017 – 2018 – Two Youth @ $500.00 Per year
- KiapTuWish brushing-$250
The Board has committed $10,000 towards the upcoming Chippewa County Hay Creek project. The State Council recently awarded WCWTU a Friends Grant of $2000 toward this project. July 1st submission of Embrace-A-Stream grant request for Chippewa County Hay Creek
Upcoming summer activities:
- June 2- Knapp Youth Day- Knapp Pond
- Fly casting lessons – Owen park – Eau Claire
- June 9- Beaver Creek Reserve- Fly Fishing 101 class
- June 9- Trout Day Celebration-Waumandee and Danuser Creeks-Buffalo County
- Late June- Work days- announced coming soon – Sand Creek
As the President of Clear Waters TU Chapter along with our board members, we thank the members for their past support and encourage you to stay active on upcoming projects and activities.
A reminder slacklines are bad!